North West Fire and Rescue Advisory Forum
The aim of the North West Fire and Rescue Advisory Forum is to influence the effectiveness and efficiency of Service activities to deliver value. The main objectives of the North West Fire Forum are as follows:-
- Develop the sharing of best practice from across the North West and beyond to influence future business.
- Encourage the provision of sustainable and increasingly efficient prevention, protection and intervention services to reduce overall risk.
- Influence the implementation of value led strategies on a localised basis.
- Provide the platform for continuing collaboration between North West Fire Rescue Service’s to promote increasing value in all aspects of service delivery.
- Lobby key internal and external partners to improve fire and rescue service policies and processes.
- To lead continuous improvement through delivery of a sector led, peer reviewed approach.
Each Authority appoints three Elected Members to sit on the Forum which consists of the Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Leader of the Opposition. Cumbria County Council appoints just two Elected Members which include Portfolio Holder and Vice Portfolio Holder for Community Safety and Local Services.
Location: North West Fire Control, Lingley Mere Business Park, Lingley Green Avenue, Great Sankey, Warrington, Cheshire, WA5 3UZ
PA to the County Fire Officer at Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service
Mersyside Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters
Phone: 0151 296 4102
- Councillor David Acton (Chairman)
- Councillor Tommy Judge (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor John Bell (Deputy Chairman)