Service Delivery Committee
Purpose of committee
The role of the Service Delivery Committee on behalf of the Authority is to consider substantive matters relating to Service Delivery including both emergency response and prevention and protection:
- Integrated risk planning, including the modelling of the risk of emergencies, the categories of emergency to be responded to, the response to such emergencies, the emergency response standards required to be set and the determination of strategies and policies required to deliver an effective prevention and protection function.
- The resources and capability (people and assets) required for effective Service Delivery.
- Training and development in prevention, protection, fire investigation and operational response.
- The performance and effectiveness of Service Delivery arrangements.
- Working in partnership with other agencies.
- The exercise of delegated powers to consider and approve responses to consultations with potentially significant implications for the Authority; and
- Any other item referred to it by the Authority or a chief officer.
- The Authority’s statutory functions for receiving fire calls and making arrangements for mobilizing fire appliances.
- Resilience, whether nationally, regionally or locally and ensure effective business continuity arrangements.
- Operational safety management.
Prevention and Protection
- Promoting fire safety through targeted marketing, advice, education and behaviour change.
- Promoting safety regarding other emergencies, such as road traffic and water related incidents.
- The investigation of fires and the detection of crime.
- The enforcement of fire safety regulations in the built environment.
- Fulfilling the Authority’s Crime and Disorder Act responsibilities.
- Councillor John O'Brien (Chairman)
- Councillor Grace Fletcher-Hackwood (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor David Acton
- Councillor John Bell
- Councillor Daniel Hawthorne
- Councillor Mike Hurleston
- Councillor Jan Jackson
- Councillor Afia Kamal
- Councillor Iain Lindley
- Councillor Amna Mir
- Councillor Shaun O'Neill
- Councillor Peter Taylor
- Councillor Fred Walker
- Councillor Michael Whetton
- Councillor Steve Williams
Support officer: Donna Parker, Democratic Services Manager. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fire Service Headquarters
146 Bolton Road
Phone: 0161 608 4087
Web site: http://www.manchesterfire.gov.uk