Policy, Resources and Performance Committee
Purpose of committee
On behalf of the Authority the Policy, Resources and Performance Committee considers the following substantive matters relating to:
- The exercise of delegated powers in relation to the invitation and acceptance of tenders (subject to Standing Orders).
- The general financial, human resources and other enabling policies required to deliver the Corporate Plan.
- The exercise of delegated powers in relation to the capital and revenue budget provisions and the annual revenue outturn.
- The purchase, maintenance and disposal of land and built assets of the Authority.
- Strategy and policies relating to sustainability.
- General terms and conditions of service.
- General learning and development.
- Members, their learning and development, allowances, committee structures and terms of reference.
- Proposals from government departments and other national or regional bodies with potentially significant implications for the Authority (not within the remit of the Service Delivery Committee).
- The exercise of delegated powers to consider and approve responses to consultations with potentially significant implications for the Authority; and
- Any other item referred to it by the Authority or a chief officer.
- Councillor David Acton (Chairman)
- Councillor Tommy Judge (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor John Bell
- Councillor Walter Brett
- Councillor Stephen Coen
- Councillor Basil Curley
- Councillor Joan Grimshaw
- Councillor Derek Heffernan
- Councillor June Hitchen
- Councillor Barrie Holland
- Councillor Edward Houlton
- Councillor John O'Brien
- Councillor Brian Rigby MBE
- Councillor Fred Walker
- Councillor Paul Wild
Support officer: Donna Parker, Democratic Services Manager. Email: email@example.com
Fire Service Headquarters
146 Bolton Road
Phone: 0161 608 4087
Fax: 0161 608 4024
Web site: http://www.manchesterfire.gov.uk