Purpose of committee
The following functions are reserved to the full Authority:-
- Adopting and changing the following constitutional documents:
· Procedural Standing Orders
· Terms of Reference for and Delegations to Committees and Panels
· Contract Standing Orders
· Financial Regulations
- Approving or adopting the Corporate Plan/IRMP
- Monitoring performance against the Corporate Plan/IRPM.
- Monitoring organisational activity.
- Approving the budget.
- Issuing a precept.
- Appointing the Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Deputy Chairman of the Authority and Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of committees.
- Deciding the composition of committees and making appointments to them.
- Appointing representatives to outside bodies.
- Adopting or amending a members’ allowances scheme.
- All other matters which, by law, must be reserved to the Authority.
- Any other item referred to it by a Committee, Sub-Committee or Chief Officer.
- Councillor David Acton (Chairman)
- Councillor Tommy Judge (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor John Bell (Deputy Chairman)
- Councillor Mohammed Ayub
- Councillor Walter Brett
- Councillor Stephen Coen
- Councillor Basil Curley
- Councillor Chris Goodwin
- Councillor Joan Grimshaw
- Councillor Grace Fletcher-Hackwood
- Councillor Daniel Hawthorne
- Councillor Derek Heffernan
- Councillor June Hitchen
- Councillor Barrie Holland
- Councillor Edward Houlton
- Councillor Mike Hurleston
- Councillor Jan Jackson
- Councillor Afia Kamal
- Councillor Iain Lindley
- Councillor Alan Matthews
- Councillor Amna Mir
- Councillor John O'Brien
- Councillor Shaun O'Neill
- Councillor Brian Rigby MBE
- Councillor Noel Spencer
- Councillor Peter Taylor
- Councillor Fred Walker
- Councillor Paul Wild
- Councillor Steve Williams
- Councillor Michael Whetton
Support officer: Donna Parker, Democratic Services Manager. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fire Service Headquarters
146 Bolton Road
Phone: 0161 608 4087
Fax: 0161 608 4024
Web site: http://www.manchesterfire.gov.uk